CLE Seminar: Annual Legal Support Staff
Friday, April 26, 2019
|Product||Online Media||Price||Member Price|
|Streaming Video||3 hr, 55 min||$175.00||$125.00|
|Log in to your account to access any purchased materials with online media.|
UPDATE ON RULES, STATUTES, FORMS & E-FILINGS
- E-filing a new case;
- E-filing on an existing case (appearances, pleadings and reclaims);
- Short calendars and calendar markings entry;
- The E-Services inbox; and
- Locating helpful information on the Judicial Branch website.
BEST PRACTICES FOR INTAKES
- Case Management including client contact, gathering evidence, organizing the file; and
THE IMPORTANCE OF TRUST IN ALL ASPECTS OF MANAGING A CASE
- How trust affects relationships and the role of support staff in building trust.
- Impact on credibility; getting done what you have promised. Its effect on the client, coworkers, other counsel, and the court.
- At its core, trust is about integrity and the support staff’s role in maintaining it.
- Trust, and how it affects problem-solving
- Engaging in straight talk
- Keeping commitments
- And what happens when trust fails its impact on the case, the client and the firm
THE IMPACT OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Helpful tips, and general understanding of our obligation, client’s obligation, and what defense counsel is entitled to.
- Our Obligation
- Looking, Preserving, Protecting
- Whose social media to look at (Client, Defendant)?
- Where to look?
- When to look?
- Making sure it’s authentic.
- Looking, Preserving, Protecting
- Defendant’s access to client’s social media
- Advising clients
- Motion Practice
- Jury Selection
- Electronic communication with clients (texting)
PRACTICE BOOK CHANGES & IMPORTANT PROVISIONS
Practice Book Updates
New Forms to Consider
Strategies to Consider
New Developments on Personal Jurisdiction Over Foreign Companies – Burden of Proof, Bristol Meyers Squibb Co. v. Superior Court of California
|The Impact of Social Media|
|Jeremy H. D'Amico, Esq. (chair)||D'Amico & Pettinicchi, LLC|
|The Importance of Trust in all Aspects of Managing a Case|
|Joseph R. Mirrione, Esq. (chair)||Law Offices of Joseph R. Mirrione, LLC|
|Update on Rules, Statutes, Forms & E-Filing|
|Nancy McGann||Connecticut Judicial Branch|
|Practice Book Changes & Important Provisions|
|Anthony R. Minchella, Esq.||Minchella & Associates, LLC|
|Best Practices for Intakes|
|Jeffrey W. Wisner, Esq.||Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC|
This Continuing Legal Education program is appropriate for both newly-admitted and experienced attorneys, and has been approved for the following credits in accordance with the rule requirements of these states:
|New York||4.50 cr|
Grassy Hill Country Club, 441 Clark Lane, Orange CT 06477
Hard copies of the materials will not be provided at the program. Registrants will be able to access the materials via web link prior to the seminar, allowing you to print the materials in advance of the program. We encourage attendees to go green by downloading the materials to your laptop.
Refunds will not be granted for cancellations received after the link to the materials has been sent.
The Connecticut Trial Lawyers Foundation offers adjusted seminar registration fees for members who require financial assistance. Discounts will be granted on an individual, case by case basis. Please contact Katie Marinan Marino for a confidential discussion.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PARTNERS
Geomatrix Productions, Inc.
Robson Forensic, Inc.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR EXHIBITORS
A&A Office Systems