CLE Seminar: Workers' Compensation
Friday, February 3, 2017
|Product||Online Media||Price||Member Price|
|Streaming Video||3 hr, 42 min||$150.00||$100.00|
|Log in to your account to access any purchased materials with online media.|
TOPICS TO BE INCLUDED:
- When is a good time to discuss settlement? Should the case settle at all?
- How to value a case for settlement: Hypothetical fact scenarios will be presented and speakers will go through the analysis of valuing each factor for settlement.
- Discussion of social security offset issues, taking medicare interests into account and MSA’s.
- When to use offset language.
- When an MSA is required and when is it required to be submitted.
- What to do in the “in between” situations such as claimant will likely apply for SSD following the settlement or has applied, was denied and is awaiting hearing or appeal.
- What do you do with the MSA after the settlement check comes?
- Other settlement issues such as liens, child support, etc.
|Scott A. Carta, Esq. (chair)||Leighton, Katz & Drapeau, LLC|
|Lucas M. Watson, Esq. (chair)||L/O Lucas M. Watson|
|Gregory F. Lisowski, Esquire||Pomeranz Drayton & Stabnick, LLC|
|Andrew E. Wallace, Esq.||Jacobs & Wallace, PLLC|
This Continuing Legal Education program is appropriate for both newly-admitted and experienced attorneys, and has been approved for the following credits in accordance with the rule requirements of these states:
|Ethics & Professionalism||Areas of Professional Practice||Total|
|New York||0.50 cr||4.00 cr||4.50 cr|
|Connecticut||0.50 cr||3.50 cr||4.00 cr|
Inn at Middletown, 70 Main Street, Middletown CT 06457
Hard copies of the materials will not be provided at the program. Registrants will be able to access the materials via web link prior to the seminar, allowing you to print the materials in advance of the program. We encourage attendees to go green by downloading the materials to your laptop.
Refunds will not be granted for cancellations received after the link to the materials has been sent.
THANKS TO OUR PLATINUM PARTNERS
THANKS TO OUR SILVER PARTNERS
THANKS TO OUR EXHIBITORS