CLE Seminar: Arguing Damages - Maximizing the Verdict
Friday, November 13, 2015
|Product||Online Media||Price||Member Price|
|PDF Materials||1 file||$200.00||$100.00|
|Streaming Audio||4 hr, 32 min||$100.00||$55.00|
|Streaming Video||3 hr, 15 min||$125.00||$75.00|
|Log in to your account to access any purchased materials with online media.|
Discussion, Q&A, and Roundtable discussing the following issues:
- Describing Loss: Loss of function v. percentage disability.
- Giving the jury final demand number in final argument: At all? First part? Last part of argument?
- Length of time for utilization for damage argument in opening.
- Low impact cases with significant damages.
- Utilization of focus group. What is the correlation between the damage evaluation of focus group and an actual outcome?
- Key into judge’s charge.
- Common errors made in final argument.
- Low impact back or neck injury cases without significant physical damage.
- Classic concussion without brain damage on MRI.
- PTSD/Emotional Damages: What is the best way to present these damages to the jury?
- Utilization of care provider for long term damages.
- Long-term loss of employment/how do you demonstrate?
- Effective argument of long-term disability.
- Use of demonstrative exhibits in damage argument.
- Use of experts to evaluate loss of employment damages?
Brian M. Flood, Esq. (chair)
The Flood Law Firm, LLC
Richard A. Silver, Esq. (chair)
Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
Pamela L. Cameron, Esq.
Moore O'Brien & Foti
Peter M. Dreyer, Esq.
Silver Golub & Teitell LLP
John J. Kennedy, Jr., Esq.
Kennedy, Johnson, Schwab & Roberge, LLC
Sean K. McElligott, Esq.
Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC
This Continuing Legal Education program is appropriate for both newly-admitted and experienced attorneys, and has been approved for the following credits in accordance with the rule requirements of these states:
|New York||4.50 cr|
Grassy Hill Country Club, 441 Clark Lane, Orange CT 06477
Hard copies of the materials will not be provided at the program. Registrants will be able to access the materials via web link prior to the seminar, allowing you to print the materials in advance of the program. We encourage attendees to go green by downloading the materials to your electronic device.
Refunds will not be granted for cancellations received after the link to the materials has been sent.
CLE Certificates of Accreditation will be issued upon request. Please contact the CTLA office if you would like to receive a certificate.
Special Thanks to Our Partners & Exhibitors
PLATINUM PARTNER: Shaw Chiropractic Group
PLATINUM PARTNER: Surgifactors
PLATINUM PARTNER: Hartford Orthopedic Medicine
GOLD PARTNER: Creative Capital, Inc.
GOLD PARTNER: LawCash
SILVER PARTNER: Raymond Wealth Advisors