Randi R. Nelson
285 Riverside Avenue
Westport, CT 06880
(203) 557-8018 fax
University of Texas at Arlington
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University
Nelson is a member of the American, Connecticut, Fairfield County, and Westport/Weston bar associations.
Nelson is admitted to practice in Connecticut. She is a special master for family matters in the
Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford and Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport. She is also a member of the American, Connecticut, Fairfield County, and Westport/Weston bar associations.
Nelson received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2007. She was a member of the Kappa Tau Alpha honor society as an undergraduate. In 2010, she received her juris doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University, where she was a member of the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender. She received a merit-based scholarship as well.
Nelson has earned the following awards/recognitions:
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut Under Age of 40 as recognized by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2014 and 2016
- New Leaders in the Law as recognized by Connecticut Law Tribune in 2013
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys since 2015
- Connecticut Rising Star as recognized by Super Lawyers since 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professional Award in 2017
Hornung v. Hornung – Traced $32 million over the length of a 16-year marriage to ascertain that the assets were separate property pursuant to the pre-nuptial agreement. An award of $7.5 million lump sum alimony does not constitute a property distribution in violation of the pre-nuptial agreement.