Secola Law Offices LLC
78 N Mountain Road
Brookfield, CT 06804-1018
(888) 501-8046 fax
Fairfield University, Class of 1981
O.W. Coburn School of Law, Class of 1984
State Courts: Connecticut (1984); New York (1985); and Virginia (1986)
Federal District Courts: District of Connecticut (1985); Southern District of New York (1988); Western District of New York (1996)
Federal Appellate Courts: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (1989)
U.S. Supreme Court (1990)
Greater Danbury Bar Association; Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association;
Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Connecticut Judge of Probate, Ret.
• Won 2007 jury verdict Groccia v. Lederer - Verdict of $580,000 ($80,000 economic and $500,000 non-economic) - New Haven Jury verdict featured in May 21, 2007 Connecticut Law Tribune, in Verdicts and Settlements section.
• Settled cases of note - medmal case of young girl settled for $690,000; wrongful death medmal case of teenage male settled for 1.5 million; 30 year-old male in truck-car accident with permanent injuries settled for 1.2 million
• Appeared with the argument team before the U.S. Supreme Court on October 16, 1996, in a winning First Amendment case, entitled Schenck v. Pro-Choice Network, 519 U.S. 357, 137 L.Ed. 2d 1 (1997).
• Attended and argued before Connecticut Supreme Court March 19, 1996, in a winning administrative law case, entitled Dolgner v. Alander, 676 A.2d 865, 237 Conn. 272 (Conn. 1996).
• Appeared in several winning cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in NYC.