Foster with Care
CTLA Women's Caucus is proud to announce their support for Foster with Care, a unique project that supports children across Connecticut who enter the foster care system. Foster with Care prepares "Go Bags" for kids of all ages who are entering into foster care so that they will have the items that they need when they move from one home to another.
Every day across Connecticut, children enter the foster care system with nothing more than the clothing on their backs. Emergent removals are traumatic in nature and often do not allow the workers to safely gather the child's belongings. Even the most prepared foster homes can find themselves in a position where they simply do not have the initial resources to provide for the emergency placement.
The Go Bags will include a pair of pajamas, a blanket, a comfort item (depending on age), a tooth brush and toothpaste in an effort to ensure that the children's basic needs can be immediately met. FWC has estimated that each bag will cost approximately $45.00 to fill. Our goal is to double the amount collected last year and bring the bags to a local DCF office.
Thank you for participation and support,
Women's Caucus Chair
In addition to monetary donations, the following items are welcomed in new condition:
- Pajamas (any size/gender)
- Small blankets
- Dental hygiene products
- Feminine care products
- Small stuffed animals
Dropoffs are available at:
- Forrest McPadden, 100 Great Meadow Rd., Wethersfield
- Faulkner & Graves, P.C., 1 Montauk Ave., Ste 101, New London
- Flood Law Firm 144 Buckingham St., Waterbury
- Flood Law Firm 62 North St., Danbury
- Law Offices of Jill M. McGoldrick, 25 High St., Milford
- Law Offices of Lewis Chimes, 45 Franklin St., Stamford
- Skyers, Skyers & Harrell, 1087 Broad St., Bridgeport