David W. Cooney, Esq. (chairperson)
RisCassi & Davis, PC
Charles B. Price, Jr., Esq. (chairperson)
McEnery, Price, Messey & Sullivan LLC
Patricia Cruz Fragoso, Esq.
Ventura Ribeiro & Smith
Brian M. Flood, Esq.
The Flood Law Firm, LLC
Eric Katz, M.D.
Rute Mendes, Esq.
Ventura Ribeiro & Smith
Harold L. Rosnick, Esq.
Miller Rosnick D'Amico August & Butler, PC
Screening & Evaluating Your Personal Injury Case
Harold L. Rosnick, Esq., Miller Rosnick D'Amico August & Butler, PC, Bridgeport
- Identifying problems from the first intake
- Realistically valuing your personal injury case
- Variables which impact the value of a claim
- Communicating with client regarding strengths and weaknesses of a claim
Rute Mendes, Esq., Ventura Ribeiro & Smith, Danbury
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of client's presentation
- Due diligence regarding clients background
- Preparing for testimony
Dealing With Common Defenses
David W. Cooney, Esq., RisCassi & Davis, PC, Hartford
- Low impact collision -- minimal damage
- How to deal with pre-existing injuries
- Delay in treatment
Charles B. Price, Jr., Esq., Price Green, LLC, New Haven
- Purpose of demonstrative exhibits
- Evidentiary basis for demonstrative exhibits
- Planning your demonstrative exhibits
- Use of demonstrative exhibits at trial
Maximizing Your Recovery In A Difficult Case
Brian Flood., Esq., Moore O'Brien Jacques & Yelenak, Cheshire
- Dealing with the IME physician
- Persuasive techniques for opening and closing argument
- Using friends, family, colleagues to testify as to impact of injuries on ADLs
This continuing legal education program is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys, and has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 4.5 credit hours, of which 4.5 credit hours can be applied to the Skills requirement.
CTLA offers adjusted registration fees for members who require financial assistance. Call CTLA for a confidential discussion.
Hard copies of the materials will not be provided at the program. Registrants will be able to access the materials via web link prior to the seminar, allowing you to print the materials (double-sided, please) in advance of the program. We encourage attendees to go green by either downloading the materials on your laptop or using the CD-ROM which will be provided at the program.
Refunds will not be granted for cancellations received after the link to the materials has been sent.